BBTV – Operations and Business Development Specialist (CA)
BBTV is home to the most influential creators defining culture today. As the largest publisher on YouTube, BBTV connects people to the content they’re most passionate about through our creators’ influential stories at both scale and precision. With our unprecedented audience scale, diversity of content, coupled with our proprietary security and targeting tools, we are an indispensable choice for brands looking to connect with today’s digital natives.
About the Opposition
In an industry that often favors major labels and traditional music contract structures, Opposition stands at the artist’s corner, offering the tools and support that allow artists to stay in control of their music and creative journey. As the music division of BBTV, Opposition works with artists to diversify their revenue through a suite of bespoke services, including distribution and label services, rights management, e-commerce, mobile apps, sponsorships brands, influencer marketing, etc.
About the role
Opposition is looking for an Operations and Business Development Specialist to join the team! If you’re looking to jump-start your career with a team that works with some of the most influential names in music and content online, let’s talk!
Reporting to the senior members of Opposition, you will familiarize yourself with the world of the music industry and support our team in executing administrative, operational and business development requests. This team is at the center of business activity and you will have a high level of collaboration across functions and act as the team representative for cross-departmental projects and initiatives.
You’ll play this role if you’re highly organized, detail-oriented, and solution-oriented with a knack for creative problem-solving. You are a natural relationship builder with excellent communication skills, able to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities. In return, you’ll work with a team of caring, driven industry professionals and play an important role in a company that drives the world forward through content.
Operations and administrative support
- Respond to and take ownership of data and reporting requests related to music marketing, label operations, sales/A&R and other areas as required
- Act as a team representative on cross-functional projects within BBTV
- Act as liaison with finance and accounting
- Ensure internal tag cataloging is organized and up to date
- Act as a liaison with the legal team, manage digital storage and organization of contracts, and monitor active pipeline requests
- Ensure personal knowledge is up to date on team processes. Share and implement new ideas and best practices for continuous improvement
- Other reasonable duties assigned from time to time
- Liaise with company operations to ensure correct information is provided for accurate payments to customers and employees
- Review of incoming business opportunities to assess whether they are worth further exploration and within company guidelines
- Stay up to date on music industry news and business developments to provide the best value and insights when exploring business development opportunities
- Act as a representative of the company in a manner consistent with the philosophy of the opposition
- Other reasonable duties assigned from time to time
- 2-3 years of related experience in account management, music business (record label administration, publishing, etc.) or related field
- Demonstrated success in delivering cross-departmental projects and executing project management methods (1-2 years of experience preferred)
- Exceptional planning and time management skills and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of project management tools and processes, including Google Suite and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of an organization as well as cross-functionally
- Effective problem-solving skills with proactive process improvement experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation at all levels
- Experience interacting with external clients is an asset
- Experience in the music industry is preferred, a passion for music is required
Our team is everything!
We offer competitive compensation packages, flexible hours and operate on a flat management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
From our commitment to giving back (supporting everyone to volunteer in a charitable or community initiative), our culture committee (social events, team-building, diversity and inclusion) and our support for personal and professional development through our learning and development, we’re not your typical 9am-5pm gig.
BBTV is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to foster a diverse workforce that is representative, at all employment levels, of the people we serve and to provide employees with a meaningful and inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment.
BBTV believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is essential to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. Indigenous people, people of color, people of all genders or not, and people with disabilities of all types are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies, BBTV does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job aliases, BBTV employees, or any other company location. BBTV is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.