Vice President of Programming, Europe – ASM Global
Title: Vice President Programming, Europe
Department: Headquarters, Europe
Pertaining to: SVP Operations Europe & Chief Global Content Officer
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
In Europe, ASM Global operates some of the largest and most prestigious arenas, convention/exhibition centers and theaters in the region. ASM Global Europe’s portfolio includes 30 unique entertainment venues in eight countries, with a leading presence in the UK, Sweden and Germany. Highlight venues include AO Arena, one of the busiest and largest venues in the world; the Avicii Arena, Tele2 Arena and Friends Arena in Sweden; and Rudolf Weber Arena in Germany. In the UK, ASM’s CGC Event Caterers is a long-established caterer with a distinctive British identity that brings decades of experience as a highly regarded provider of good food, caring service and craftsmanship. ASM Global Europe’s main office is located in Manchester, England, with approximately 400 full-time and 3,100 part-time employees in the region.
The Vice President of Programming, Europe has overall responsibility for developing and curating the most exciting, relevant and commercially successful schedule for the portfolio of stadiums, arenas, theaters and convention centers in UK and Europe. The VP of Programming, Europe will be expected to lead the UK content team, supporting individual venues and regional content teams to meet and exceed their event revenue targets to achieve optimal returns, while developing a world-class and diverse calendar of broad content.
– Lead, manage and motivate the UK content team to generate content across all genres including music, sports, other live events and C&E (B2B) for all existing and upcoming sites in the UK -United.
– Provide strategies and action plans to maximize the number of events across a range of genres, to exceed revenue and event targets and sustain event calendars for all UK venues.
– Work closely with the Global Content Director to implement global strategies and initiatives and leverage global network and client relationships.
– Manage and develop multi-site and multi-market European agreements with event promoters and organisers.
– Provide the appropriate level of coaching, leadership and strategic support to the content team in Sweden, Germany and other European markets.
– Develop communication, collaboration and sharing of best practices within the Content Europe teams.
– Lead the development and execution of Manchester’s future strategy.
– Ensure that budgets and content targets for all sites in the UK and Europe are met.
– Raise the profile of ASM Global sites within the music, sports, C&E and creative industries through promoter and industry relationships; raise the profile among promoters/producers of non-traditional venues and build positive relationships with artists’ agents and management.
– Be aware of market trends and competitive elements within the industry, including other sites and potential customers, and use this knowledge to develop the appropriate strategy, proactively securing future business.
– Work closely with the General Managers, Global Partnership and Venue Commercial team to ensure Partnerships, Ancillary Revenue and Commercial Delivery achieve optimal levels of performance.
– Track progress of bookings, financial forecasts, KPIs and other relevant goals and create reports to keep key stakeholders updated. Develop and implement mitigation measures if necessary to achieve the objectives.
– Apply business acumen and industry knowledge to ensure we get the best deals possible to maximize returns; proactively mitigate risk and avoid cannibalization between sites.
– Continually seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance.
– Ensure that all relevant information is communicated quickly and accurately in such a way that information is received and easily understood.
– Undertake any other relevant task or reasonable request as requested by the SVP Operations, Europe and any other member of the management team.
– Understand and promote the importance of equality and diversity in the workplace.
Required Skills and Competencies
– A minimum of 5 years in a similar position or at senior manager level in the live performance industry.
– Demonstrable experience leading and managing a sales team with senior sales managers.
– Effective team leader, able to lead by example and drive the achievement of business results.
– Relevant high caliber and active industry contacts and well-developed relationships with major promoters, agents, sports associations and event organizers; especially in the UK market.
– Previous experience in an entertainment sales environment which can be demonstrated by a history of securing quality content.
– Experience in costing and budgeting for events.
– Strong influence and negotiation skills.
– High standards of professionalism and integrity.
– Excellent communication skills.
– The requirements of the company are such that a certain flexibility is necessary and that certain evening and weekend work will be required.
– May be required to travel to other ASM Global locations from time to time, as well as represent ASM Global at industry events.
SRI is a global executive search and consulting firm serving the rapidly converging media, content, technology and sports industries. We work as a partner-led team with 65 employees based in major global markets in eleven offices on four continents. We are proud to be the exclusive partner in this research with ASM Global.
To apply, please attach your CV below or by email [email protected]
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is a fundamental priority for SRI. Our philosophy focuses on embedding inclusive behaviors and processes into all elements of our business practices, internally and in our work with clients and candidates.