Warner Music Group – Manager, Global Reporting & Analytics, Warner Chappell Music (UK)
At Warner Music Group, we are a global collective of music creators and music lovers, technology innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creators and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four fundamental principles that underpin everything we do in all of our various businesses:
Music is everything: music is our passion, and we can’t get enough of it. Tastes, trends and technology will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global growth, local expertise: music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and be translated everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. It’s a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We know this fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of an agile indie.
A bit about our team:
Warner Chappell, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is looking for the next head of its Data Analytics and Reporting team. Based in our London office, the position will report to the Head of Global Administration and will work alongside a Data Analyst, Reports Analyst and closely with our Global Tech and BI teams (based in Kuala Lumpur ).
As Head of Global Administration, you will play a critical role in building a comprehensive reporting and analytics suite across all business areas.
You will expand your industry knowledge by gaining in-depth knowledge of business processes. You will be supported to implement global strategies while meeting requirements gathered from the business while exceeding expectations with a fresh perspective and approach.
Here you will access:
- Oversee the daily management of direct reports within the Global Analytics and Reporting team. Provide training, motivation, guidance and direction to team members to ensure all Warner Chappell data and reporting needs are met.
- Effectively monitor department priorities and workload, setting short, medium and long term goals.
- Develop and coach the team to resolve queries, solve problems and work independently.
- Proactively research reporting and data requirements across the enterprise and lead the creation and implementation of solutions in collaboration with WMG Global Technology and Global Data Operations divisions.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end process of all internal report requests, from inception through creation to internal UAT process and sign-off, for all WCM Tableau reports and dashboard creation, ensuring compliance completeness, accuracy and business satisfaction.
- Own, delegate and ensure the execution of all incoming reporting and analysis requests from across the WCM enterprise, including the generation of regular reports used in finance, administration and beyond.
- Work cross-departmentally and internationally to meet the data and reporting needs of our global affiliates. Make a valuable contribution to the services provided by the team.
- You will review existing reports (both independently and with business users) to identify and assess potential improvements.
- Monitor progress and communicate status updates to all users.
- Identify all useful external data sources and coordinate their ingestion.
- Provide analytical support and training (if needed) on how best to work with large datasets.
- Support internal testing and implementation of industry standard formats and processes.
- Maintain and develop WCM’s internal ISRC database.
- Create, document and maintain best practice guidelines, training materials, videos and resources related to the use of reports, dashboards and other documents belonging to the Global Reporting & Analytics department.
- Partner with Global Technology, Global Data Operations and our Agile Transformation Office to develop and manage projects and new system enhancements.
- Contribute to key data initiatives, across WCM and the entire WMG business.
- Work with WMG’s internal audit department to create reports to facilitate controls and SOX compliance.
- Represent Warner Chappell at external meetings and actively participate in industry initiatives/working groups (eg ICE, CISAC, etc.), with the occasional opportunity to travel.
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues to improve efficiency in all areas of data analysis and reporting. Promote team activities and secure engagement among key user groups.
- Present to colleagues, senior management and third parties as needed.
- Define critical metrics to measure performance goals.
- Support the Chief Administrative Officer in setting goals, contributing to strategy and executing projects.
- 3+ years of experience in a data science or analyst role within the music industry
- A passion for professional development and an interest in leadership
- You understand the digital supply chain, the operational steps required to facilitate multi-territory licensing and digital complaint practices
- Analytical and curious mind and organized and project-based work approach
- A strong planner with exceptional organizational skills
- You enjoy balancing a busy workload with competing priorities and know how to use effective time management and planning techniques to complete projects on time.
- A critical thinker with the ability to join the dots and think laterally
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a proven ability to improve performance and processes
- Thorough with a high level of numeracy
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to extract and manipulate data from high volume data files/reports
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- You are willing to travel and work flexible hours knowing this is a global position supporting international offices
- Excellent Excel skills (including PowerPivot and Power Query)
- Experience using reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects, Power BI or similar)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good working knowledge and experience of SQL, Alteryx, Tableau Online, Tableau Explorer and Power BI
- A solid understanding of common file formats used as music industry standard formats, such as XML, DDEX, JSON, CSV, CRD, DIF, FLAT, TEXT, JSON, and company-specific formats.
- Understanding of CMO practices, policies, rules and registration requirements. You have knowledge in the international processing of BIEM rules, counterclaims/disputes and versions.
We’d love for you to also have:
- Successful experience in people management
- Experience assessing staff training and development needs
- In-house experience at a music publisher
- Experience leading data projects and contributing to system enhancements
- A curiosity about the intersection of technology and music
- An understanding of the global digital supply chain as it relates to music and international claims practices for key digital services
- A university-level education in computer science, data science, engineering or a related field
As home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and many more of the world’s biggest recording labels, the emerging champions of the Warner Music Group artists and global superstars. And our renowned publishing house, Warner Chappell Music, represents songwriters and producers of all genres through a catalog of over one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music business in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trendsetters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX and EMP. We’re also home to WMX – the next-generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for artists. independents and Labels.